Colorado Learners Permit
Colorado Learner's permit
Learn how to get your Colorado Learner's permit
To apply for a Colorado learners permit you must be between 15 and a half years old and 18 years old.
Before going to your local DMV office for your Colorado Learner's permit you will need to:
- Submit an original application form (DL 44) with your full name (no copies).
- Include your parent's or guardian's signature (assuming liability) on the application document.
- Provide a thumb print.
- Provide your social security number.
- Verify your date of birth or legal presence with sufficient documentation.
- Pay the fee.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pass a traffic laws exam.(Check out our practice tests to see a sample exam).
- You will be required to practice driving an extra 50 hours with your parent or guardian accompanying you in the passenger seat. 10 of the hours driving are required to be at night.
At Drivers-Licenses.org, we've done all the research on driver's education for you. Check out the links below to find everything you need to know about driver's education training and requirements.