Renew Driver License
Renewing your Driver License
If your driver's license is about to expire, you need to act now. Renewing your license before it's too late can save you a lot of time and money. Our staff has researched the driver's license renewal process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started..
Driver's License Renewal in Alabama
How to renew your Alabama driver's license
Driving with an expired license is illegal, so it's important to renew your license ahead of time to avoid getting a ticket or risking suspension. The renewal process varies from state to state, but we've done the research and included everything you need to renew your Alabama driver's license as quickly and painlessly as possible.
When you will have to renew your Alabama driver's license:
- Your Alabama driver's license normally comes up for renewal every four years from the date of issue.
- You can renew your driver's license up to 60 days prior to date of expiration. Alabama also gives you a 60 day grace period after expiration to renew your license.
To renew in person, make sure to bring the following with you:
- Your expiring license.
- Acceptable proof of identity.
- Renewal fee is usually $23.
You can only renew your driver's license by mail if you happen to be out of the state temporarily.
To renew your Alabama driver's license by mail:
- Download and complete the renewal form available online at the Alabama Department of Public Safety.
- Mail it to the address given below along with a money order for $23, and required documents which should include the applicant's full name, date of birth, social security number and out-of-state address. Valid documentation stating the purpose of being out of state should also be provided.
Driver License Division,
P.O. Box 1471,
Montgomery, Alabama 36102-1471