Colorado Drivers License Renewal
Renew Driver License
Renewing your Driver License
If your driver's license is about to expire, you need to act now. Renewing your license before it's too late can save you a lot of time and money. Our staff has researched the driver's license renewal process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started..
Driver's License Renewal in Colorado
How to renew your Colorado driver's license
It is illegal to operate a vehicle without a valid driver's license in the state of Colorado. So make sure to be cautions of when your driver's license expires. If you're 21 years or older, renew your license every five years. If you're a minor, between the ages of 16 and 21, you have a 20 day grace period after your 21st birthday to renew.
You can renew your Colorado driver's license by one of two ways:
You could also use the online option if:
- Your license has not been expired for more than one year.
- You own a valid e-mail address.
You CANNOT use the online option to renew your Colorado driver's license if:
- You are younger than 21 or older than 65.
- You last renewed your license online or by mail.
- Your license is tied to an immigration document.
- Your license can't be renewed without immigration papers.
- You have a medical restriction on file.
- You don't have a Social Security number on file with the DMV.
- You're renewing a CDL.
- You have an outstanding judgment or warrant on record.
- You have a returned check on file.
- You're required to pass a written test prior to renewing.
If you are eligible to renew your Colorado driver's license online:
- Go to Colorado's online site.
- Have your Colorado driver's license.
- Make payment with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
To renew your Colorado driver's license By Mail
- Download an application.
- Complete the application.
- Write a check for $21.
- Mail to the Department of Revenue address located on the application.
To renew your Colorado driver's license in person visit any driver's license office with:
- Your current driver's license.
- Your Social Security number.
- Cash, check or money order (credit cards not accepted) to pay the $21 license fee.