Changing the Address on your Driver License
Your driver's license is an important legal document. So if your address changes, your license needs to change. Changing your address on your driver's license can be a hassle, but we've made it much easier by pooling all the information you need together in one place. Click "Continue" below to get started.
Driver's license change of address in Georgia
How to change your address on your driver's license in Georgia
Once you move you have 60 days to change your address on your driver's license in person or online. There is no fee to change your address and get a replacement license.
You can apply online for an address change if you meet certain criteria.
Click here to change online.
To change your address on your license, you must:
- Change addresses only once between renewal periods.
- Hold a regular, noncommercial license.
- Not have a suspended or revoked license.
- Hold a license that is valid for more than 180 days.
- Provide a verifiable Social Security number.
- Provide the last exam date as listed on your current license.
- Have residential and mailing addresses in Georgia.
Your updated license will be mailed to you within 30 days.
To apply in person:
It's required to change your address in person if your license expires within 180 days of the change or if your new address cannot be verified. You will also need to apply in person if you move more than once during your license renewal period.