Getting your New Driver License
Getting a new license can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the driver's license process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started.
Kentucky Driver's License
How to get your Kentucky driver's license
Applying for a Kentucky Driver's license is very simple, just make sure you download a copy of the Kentucky driver's manual before heading over to you local circuit court clerk's office so you can be prepared for you written exam.
Requirements in order to obtain a Kentucky Driver's license:
- You will have to be at least 16 years of age.
- You must have your parents consent if you are under the age of 18.
- You must have you learner's permit for at least 180 days before being eligible to apply for your driver's license.
- You must have completed a graduated licensing course.
- Everyone must pass the vision, written, and driving tests.
- You must provide a birth certificate and social security card.
- You must provide proof of Kentucky residency.