Getting your New Driver License
Getting a new license can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the driver's license process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started.
North Carolina Driver's License
How to get your North Carolina driver's license
Obtaining your driver's license is one of the most exciting times in a teenagers life. To ensure you pass all your exams make sure to pick up a copy of your North Carolina driver's manual and study before heading out to your local DMV to apply for your North Carolina driver's license.
You can apply for your North Carolina driver's license and any DMV office in the state of North Carolina.
Requirements when applying for your North Carolina driver's license:
- You will be required to be at least 15 years old.
- Any individual under 18 will be required to have parental consent, along with completing a graduated licensing program.
- You must pass a vision screening exam.
- You must pass a written exam.
- You must pass a driving exam.
- You are required to bring 2 acceptable forms of ID.
- You are required to show proof of North Carolina residency and valid insurance.
- You are required to bring your social security card.
- You must show proof you are a legal US citizen.