Renewing your Driver License
If your driver's license is about to expire, you need to act now. Renewing your license before it's too late can save you a lot of time and money. Our staff has researched the driver's license renewal process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started..
Driver's License Renewal in Mississippi
How to renew your Mississippi driver's license
You must renew your Mississippi driver's license every four years. The state of Mississippi gives you two different options, Renew your Mississippi driver's license online, or renew your Mississippi driver's license in person.
If your driver's license is expired you will have the same two options, however you will not be able to renew your Mississippi driver's license online if your license has been expired for over a year, you will also be charged a $1 late fee.
You can renew online for your Mississippi driver's license under certain circumstances.
You cannot renew online if:
- Your current address is different from the one printed on your license.
- You used the online option for your last renewal.
- You're younger than 18 (within two months of turning 18 is okay) or older than 71.
- You must pay using MasterCard or Visa. In addition to the $21 renewal fee, you'll also be charged a $2.37 online fee and $1.50 for postage and handling.
Your renewed driver's license will come in the mail in a couple weeks. If it doesn't arrive make sure to contact the Department of Public Safety.
To renew your Mississippi driver's license in person, bring the following with you:
- Your expiring license.
- A check or cash to pay the $21 renewal fee.