Renewing your Driver License
If your driver's license is about to expire, you need to act now. Renewing your license before it's too late can save you a lot of time and money. Our staff has researched the driver's license renewal process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started..
Driver's License Renewal in Oklahoma
How to renew your Oklahoma driver's license
To renew your driver's license in Oklahoma you can renew either by mail (if you are eligible) or in person.
If you waited too long and your driver's license is expired you can only renew your driver's license in person.
The DPS only allows you to renew your Class D license by mail if you're temporarily out of state and:
- Your license isn't expired.
- Your driving privileges aren't under investigation.
- Your current license is not a "Valid Without Photo" license.
To renew your Oklahoma driver's license by mail you must send a request letter to the DPS. Take the following steps to make sure your letter meets requirements and reaches the DPS on time:
- Include your full name, date of birth, and driver's license number.
- Provide your Oklahoma address and your out-of-state address.
- Make copies of two proofs of identification.
- Make your payment of $21.50 payable to the Department of Public Safety.
Mail everything to:
Department of Public Safety
Driver License Examining, Renewal By Mail
P.O. Box 11415
Oklahoma City, OK 73136
To renew your Oklahoma driver's license in person
- Present proof of identification (and your birth certificate, if your license is expired).
- Pay the fee of $21.50.
- Make an appointment with your local driver license exam station, or ask the clerk about the best times to arrive. Be sure to bring your current driver's license with you.