Renewing your Driver License
If your driver's license is about to expire, you need to act now. Renewing your license before it's too late can save you a lot of time and money. Our staff has researched the driver's license renewal process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started..
Driver's License Renewal in Oregon
How to renew your Oregon driver's license
You must renew your Oregon driver's license every eight years. Renewing your Oregon driver's license is very simple. Just follow the guidelines below and you will have a renewed driver's license in no time.
If you driver's license has already been exired you can still renew it with out having to re-take any tests as long as it has not been expired for over a year.
You cannot renew your Oregon driver's license online, and you will only be allowed to renew your Oregon driver's license by mail if you are temporarily out of town. You will have to call (503) 945-5400 and request a "Valid without Photo" driver license packet.
Mail the form in with your fee and renewal license will be mailed back to you.
To renew your Oregon driver's license in person you must go to the office and:
- Provide proof of identity, Social Security number, and legal presence in the United States.
- If your address has changed, provide proof of address.
- Answer a series of medical questions that will determine if you have any conditions that may affect your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- If you are 50 or older, pass a DMV vision screening.
- Take the written and driving tests if your license has been expired for one year or more.
- Pay renewal fee of $39 for a regular Class C non-commercial license. Credit cards and debit cards will not be accepted, so be ready to pay by cash or check.