Renewing your Driver License
If your driver's license is about to expire, you need to act now. Renewing your license before it's too late can save you a lot of time and money. Our staff has researched the driver's license renewal process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started..
Renew your driver's license in West Virginia
How to renew your driver's license in West Virginia
You can go in person to any local DMV to renew your driver's license.
When you should renew your driver's license:
- Your West Virginia driver's license generally expires on your birthday. The DMV will send you a renewal card before the expiration date. (You will find the new renewal fee and year of expiration on it).
- If your license has expired for more than six months, you will have to take the written and skills tests like any first time applicant.
To renew in person, you must bring:
- Your expiring license or proof of identity if the expiring license is not available.
- If your name has changed, documentation of the name change is required.
- Proof of residency document.
- The renewal fee (It will be printed on your renewal card. Anywhere between $8 and $18, depending on the number of years it is being renewed for). You can refer to the Fee Table.